Bike to the Beach wants to share your events!
Our rides are all about community, and not just on ride day, so we want to help bring everyone together throughout the ride season. If you’re planning to host a training ride, fundraising event/happy hour, or autism community event we’d like to share it with the rest of our community. Here’s a few quick steps and suggestions to make the most of your fundraising or training event:
- Plan to promote your event at least 3-4 weeks out. This will give us time to plan on including your event in newsletters and social media posts. The longer you wait to both plan the event and get an invite out, the less opportunities we have for helping you out.
- Create a Facebook Event, and make sure you set it to PUBLIC. We cannot share private events through our page or on the website. Making an event private is probably the #1 mistake riders make, and Facebook does not allow you to change it after the fact.
- Make sure your Facebook invite has an Event Photo and that you include your fundraising URL in the event description. The event photo helps distinguish it when posted on social media and on our website’s calendar. Choose a picture of you and your friends riding, on the beach, having fun, or put up a picture of who you are riding for. It’s up to you, but the image helps more than you realize. Obviously include your fundraising URL so that even if your friends can’t make it out, they can still donate to the cause!
- If you are selling tickets in advance, be sure to include the ticket link in the description. It needs to be in the description for our calendar to pull it. If you need help setting up a way to sell tickets, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll give you some suggestions. We love using nvite.com.
- Invite all your friends to the Facebook event. It takes two seconds to scroll through your friends and invite those you think would enjoy it. Many times, we are sent an event and the host hasn’t invited anyone to it yet. That’s not the best way to get your fellow B2Bers to share it with their friends if you haven’t shared it with your own.
- Email us at [email protected] with the URL link to your event, as well as which city’s ride it is for and any additional information. We’ll use this link to auto-populate the calendar on our website. In the subject of your email please put FUNDRAISING, TRAINING, or AUTISM COMMUNITY event and the date for us to easily pull it up. If it’s not one of those three types, please let us know why you want it shared on the Bike to the Beach calendars. Also include a link to your fundraising page.
- Let us know what we can do to help. We can’t promise anything as we have hundreds of riders to take care of for each ride, but if we can, we will!
By adhering to these simple steps, you are helping us help you promote your event, as well as having the best chance for supporting the autism cause.