Bike to the Beach prides itself of moving people to action and building awareness for autism, the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the U.S.
Awareness Fundraising Policy
In our first year in Houston, we are enforcing our “awareness” fundraising policy, meaning, our fundraising is more focused on awareness than actual funds raised.
Although we encourage that each rider reach the $500.00 fundraising goal per rider, Bike to the Beach will not penalize fundraisers so long as a “significant effort” is made to build awareness for the event and cause.
Steps to Raise Awareness
Significant efforts in fundraising are typically displayed by the participant:
- Raising a substantial portion of the fundraising minimum
- Logging-in to their personal fundraising page frequently
- Customizing their personal fundraising page text/story
- Customizing their personal fundraising page picture
- Sending emails to those contacts through their fundraising portal
- Posting their Personal Page URL on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linked-in, etc.) from their personal fundraising portal.
- Recruiting additional riders using their referral URL
We are also aware that some individuals have extenuating circumstances that do not enable them to fundraise for our event due to their place of employment, other fundraising commitments, etc. In these cases, please contact us, and we are happy to discuss alternatives to fundraising.
By taking these steps, you are helping grow awareness for our cause and grow the community around the ride for years to come. Thank you for becoming a founding member of the Houston Bike to the Beach ride.